Photo by Ted and Dina Hathaway

Friday, April 8, 2011

Blog #5 Dream Hotel Stay


Photo by Katherine Ehrisman


Welcome to another Friday edition of The Disney World Nation blog. Here is the question for the week

You've just hit the lottery, so money is not a factor, which hotel do you stay at on your next trip to WDW and why? Is it the most expensive place, is it your current favorite, or is there something in the hotel that makes you want to stay there.
Katherine E: Winning the lottery and having no limit on where we could stay at Walt Disney World... Wow I think I would spread the joy by renting out a grand villa at Animal Kingdom lodge for me, my Husband and ten of our closest friends. I might have to get two depending on who would want to come. I know from just having my friends and family around for our wedding that sometimes just getting together is the most fun we can have. Sharing the magic of Disney with my loved ones is what I look forward to most when going to Disney. A trip like this, spending time together, cracking jokes on one another and just being together would create once in a lifetime memories that we would never forget. I would pick Animal Kingdom Lodge because it has an electric atmosphere that grips a hold of you and from the moment you walk in you know your stay will be magical. This resort truly makes you feel as if you are in Africa overlooking a Savannah full of animals. This is what Disney does best, it knows how to tickle your senses and trigger your imagination to make even the stuffiest adult believe in magic.
Michelle M: First of all woohoo!! I hit the lottery and I know who my cousins are so don't even try.  Next I am definitely planning a new LONG trip to Disney, but where to stay?  I would choose to stay at the Grand Floridian.  The Grand Floridian is the very essence of opulence.  I am enamored with the turn of the century grandeur within this resort.  This is the resort I always wanted to stay at as a young girl.  There are several deluxe resorts on Disney property but this was one of the first and even with the age it stands majestic amongst the best.  From the fresh flowers in the lobby to the band playing on the 2nd floor even common folks like myself feel like royalty.  We recently ate at Cinderella's Royal Banquet in 1900 Park and Fare and the food was amazing.  My husband noticed that the ashtrays in the atrium were immaculately maintained.  There were initials in the middle of the sandy that were instantly replaced as soon as something disturbed them.  With such attention to the smallest detail, I would love to immerse myself in all the Disney magic that the Grand Floridian has to offer
Sherry W: If money were no object, and I could stay anywhere and for as long as I wanted, I would choose the Animal Kingdom Lodge, at the Concierge level with a savannah view.  Oh, and I would stay for at least a month!  It would be so nice to wake up every morning, to wander out on the balcony to sip my coffee and watch the animals as they begin their day.  The Animal Kingdom Lodge actually sits on a 43 acre wildlife preserve and is home to over 30 species of animals.  Additionally, the Lodge is full of sights, sounds and smells which completely surround you.  It would be easy to forget that you are in Florida, and not in the heart of Africa. Of course, it is a Disney resort, so it is only a short ride away from all of the parks.
Rachel J: I just won the lottery.  The reporters ask what are you going to do now?  “I’m going to Disney World!!!!”  Sounds like the Superbowl; right?  Well that’s exactly what I would do.  I would be on the phone with Disney travel, booking a wonderful 8 week (minimum) vacation.  My choice resort would be the Tree House Villas.  I have a family of 5, so this would definitely accommodate us.  I’ve never stayed at the Tree House Villas, but I’ve been in them once.  I love the serenity and the secluded feel of this resort.  It doesn’t feel like a hotel, it definitely feels like home.  Think 8 weeks is long enough to close on property in Golden Oaks???
James H: When first reading this question I thought my answer would be easy to write, but as I started to remember more and more of the amazing resorts around WDW property I soon realized this question would be much harder to answer. From Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club with its beautiful beach that looks out over the Boardwalk to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa with its luxurious spa treatments and delightful live music, every Disney resort has something special to offer guests of all ages. However, nothing compares to spending some time away from the busy theme parks and relaxing in the outdoors at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. This resort holds many special memories for me and offers everything for the adventurous guest. From horse riding through the woodlands to a night time carriage ride, every turn is as far away from the typical Orlando tourism community as the next. The cabins are especially nice, offering a home away from home without feeling like you are staying at a hotel resort. Rent a golf buggy and take it out on the open roads, there are no revving sounds from engines as they all run on electric, just remember to charge it at every parking spot around the resort. But don’t worry if golf buggies aren’t your thing because busses also run on three routes around the resort. Catch a bite to eat at Trails End Restaurant, they serve breakfast, lunch and a dinner buffet. At night time the resort’s beach offers a great viewing of the fireworks over at Magic Kingdom, and of course a great night of entertainment is in store at The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. The food is great, the show is amazing, and the service is outstanding. Guests can even take part in the show themselves. From fishing in the morning, to taking a ride around the river by canoe in the afternoon, to relaxing at the pool in the evening, the resort offers guests so much to do and still come home at night feeling more relaxed and in touch with nature than ever. And that’s why I’m choosing Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground as my favorite.

For me it would be Port Orleans Riverside, most peaceful place I have ever been. Thank you all once again for visiting the Disney World Nation blog. Please come back on Monday when we head over to the Magic Kingdom and talk about which direction to head upon entering the park. Till then, see you real soon Bill Sauerbier




No comments:

Post a Comment