Photo by Ted and Dina Hathaway

Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog #1, Part 2: Fantasyland Expansion

Photo by Katherine Muller


Hello all, Here is part 2 of the blog released earlier this week, Here are more answers from the Disney World Nation co-bloggers
To remind you, here was the Question again
For the past year the talk about WDW has been mainly about the new Fantasyland. New rides, restaurants, and theme changes are rapidly approaching. With 2012 coming fast, what are you looking forward to most about the new Fantasyland?
Sherry W. (9 Time Visitor) The new Fantasyland is going to have so many exciting new attractions, meet and greet opportunities, and restaurants, that I'm getting very anxious for it to be finished.  I can't wait to go "Under the Sea, Journey of the Little Mermaid,"  with Ariel, or dine at the Beast's Castle at the "Be Our Guest Restaurant."  But, I believe I am most looking forward to seeing the "Storybook Circus," featuring not one, but two, Dumbo the Flying Elephant rides, midway-type games and interactive activities inside the Big Top. The new Fantasyland is going to be so awesome.  I just can't wait to see it!
Michelle W. (25 Time Visitor) I’m looking forward to not seeing all of the construction going on for starters. It was a little bit upsetting to see so much of the Magic Kingdom under construction when we were last there in February. For someone who is sort of a ‘regular’ guest down in WDW, I knew it was normal to see some things under construction, but this time around it seemed like everywhere you looked, something was being renovated. I could only imagine what guests who were making their first trip to The World were thinking when they saw so much covered up. Hopefully it didn’t diminish the magic too much for them. So with that being said, I can’t wait to see the new area finally completed. I think it will open up that whole area of the park and finally use some of the park that has been closed off for years. I am a bit sad about not having Snow White’s Scary Adventures once things are completed, but I am looking forward to the new Seven Dwarf’s Cottage & Mine Train ride (even though I probably won’t go on it). Its bitter sweet when they take out the old favorites to make way for the new. Hopefully with this being taken away, it won’t have the same reactions that removing poor Mr. Toad faced. I’m very much looking forward to both the new Little Mermaid Ride & the Beauty & Beast area. The descriptions of both sound wonderful and with both movies being on my Top 10 List, I can’t wait to see them be brought to life beyond what Disney has already done with them for the stage shows. I would also love for them to add more of the interactive queue lines, like they have already done with Winnie the Pooh & soon to be seen with The Haunted Mansion. I think that’s one of the best ideas they’ve had in a long time!
Katherine M. (30+ Time Visitor) Nothing beats the anticipation of a trip to Walt Disney World, except waiting for a new attraction to open at Walt Disney World. In the past year many have been eagerly awaiting the fantasyland expansion.  For some people they cannot wait to see the new rides and how innovative the new ques will be. For others it is the draw of the new restaurants, and how the theming of the food and the restaurants will be presented. But for me, I am looking forward to the excitement of something new. What did the Imaginears come up with this time? Like a kid on Christmas morning excited to open the presents whose contents are unknown, it is the anticipation that I love. I am looking forward to walking down Main St. knowing that I am only a few steps away, walking through the castle and taking that first glimpse of all that is new. Soaking in everyone else’s excitement, and exploring the new and undiscovered.   
Michelle M. (50 Time Visitor) In the words of the late great Walt Disney “Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future."  This is the philosophy still evident in Walt Disney World today.  The whole Walt Disney World property is constantly evolving to create the perfect magical experience whether it is your first visit or your 101st visit.  The latest endeavor is the great Fantasyland expansion.  There are many exciting additions coming via the expansion including a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant and an underwater Ariel adventure. All of the additions stir quite a bit of excitement for Disney fans, but the attraction that I am most thrilled about is the Seven Dwarves Mine ride.  It has been described as moderately intense and the first to use technology that swings ride vehicles back and forth on a twisting track.  Having been given the "moderately intense" label, it sounds as if it will round out the triple thrill (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain). On most recent trips Fantasyland held less attraction for my teenagers than other lands.  I think someone in those big ole offices stepped back and said "If I were a teenager, what would I want to do in Fantasyland?"  Seven Dwarves Mine is the answer to that question.  With a new thrill ride to look forward to my teenagers (who had gone lukewarm with their feelings about Fantasyland) are now excited about our next Walt Disney World vacation and that is magical in my book.

Thank you once again for reading the Disney World Nation blog. Thanks also go out to all the authors of this blog. A new question will be up shortly so please come back and see us real soon
Bill Sauerbier

No comments:

Post a Comment